This week's challenge has a couple of parts. The first is to identify 3 song titles, 3 themes and 3 opening lines that strike me as interesting for existing songs. The second part is to come up with 5 titles, 5 themes and 5 opening lines of my own. The 3rd part is to write a song using one of those titles, themes or opening lines and to have it completed by Monday, February 24th.
I've now completed parts 1 and 2 of this week's challenge;
- The Greedy Ugly People - Hefner
- Karma Police - Radiohead
- Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
- This Side Of The Ground
- How The West Was Lost
- Sober Second Thought
- A Seed In The Wind
- Analysis Paralysis
- Death/Dying - (Knockin' on Heaven`s Door - Bob Dylan)
- Perspective - (Do You Realize - The Flaming Lips)
- Longing/Depression - (Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths)
- Beauty of Nature
- Warning about the future
- Super Heroes
- "It's so cold this morning that my breath comes out like steam." - (She Doesn`t Belong To Me - Pete and the Pirates)
- "Lover now that you've left me I'm glad you're unlovely." - (Love To A Monster - Okkervil River)
- "I am a man of constant sorrow, I've seen trouble all my day." - (Man of Constant Sorrow - Traditional)
- "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
- "I have a half million reasons to leave you."
- "I was a fool to think I understood."
- "The elephant in the room just farted."
- "The waves of Civilization continuously crash against the shores of time."